Maybe it’s not so much of a secret (to some people?) but I’ve been getting upset about all my friends having kids again lately. I got over it for a while but now it’s coming back. I feel like I really resent them sometimes. I can’t get pregnant like everyone else can, and I don’t know what it’ll take for me TO get pregnant. And I know some people will be like “well you’re 22 and don’t have stable employment or your own place to live so you should wait” but really? My friends (and I have a lot of friends) have 19 kids between them and 2 on the way, and I can guarantee that the majority of them that have had these children don’t have stable housing or income. It really burns me up, that people will try to tell me to wait, but don’t look at these people popping out baby after baby in much worse environments. The woman two doors down from me was already struggling to pay bills after 6 kids, but she thought it was a great idea to have 2 more, and let her 2nd oldest move her boyfriend in and pop out a grandchild while she was at it. But everyone wants to give me shit for being upset at being infertile at 22, okay! That’s why I keep it a secret now. Cause nobody gets that by the time my life stabilizes and I can afford treatments, the problem could be irreversible for all I know. I’m stuck keeping all that to myself, so sorry if I kinda went off. I don’t like being secretive about it but I was just tired of people telling me I shouldn’t feel that way, you know.
I usually don’t reblog stuff like this because this is my art blog but this hit close to home and reminded me of so many conversations that made me feel like garbage.
It always makes me see red when I see lesbians (and gay men) treating bisexuals this way. I don’t think I can even type too much more without quickly reaching a point where I just smash my head into the keyboard.
OMG! ;~~~~; Let me hold you and hug you. Your video made me cry. I totally know what you're feeling. Yesung is my ultimate bias too. But it's gonna be okay. Time will fly by. I mean look at Heechul, it feels like he just left not that long ago and he'll be out in August. Let's stay strong for our Cloud Prince. KRIS FIGHTING! YESUNG FIGHTING! CLOUDS FIGHTING!!!! *hugs you*
(hug) Thank you. I HATE that this is happening. The law itself just seems archaic and backwards, but maybe that’s because in the US, the Draft has been outlawed for several decades already. I don’t know how I’m gonna make it to 2015, especially if he doesn’t tweet or take pictures or make appearances at MoBit/WhyStyle, because it’s like DUH that’s who he is! That’s the kind of person he is! If he can’t do those things it’ll be like he’s gone off the face of the Earth for a whole 2 years and that is just the fucking worst! ;; I really hope I can be a cool and accomplished person by the time he comes back, just so I can say, I made it.
Okay. I will be honest. I’m going to quickly touch on The Uncomfortable Thing That Jongwoon Did Today.
- He used blackface to cosplay Samuel L. Jackson’s portrayal of Nick Fury. He could have done the David Hasselhoff portrayal and avoided this situation, or could have simply just worn the eyepatch or something like that, but he didn’t. And on his part, that was a poor decision.
- He was not intentionally trying to be racist. I know many people will accuse him of racism regardless. I know many people, especially black K-pop fans, do feel offended by his actions. They have a right to be offended. What he did really wasn’t okay.
- However. It should be recognized that this is not an issue normally touched upon in Korean society due to how homogenized their culture is. It is not something that is consciously thought about in day-to-day situations. South Korea is not the melting pot that many other countries are. He is not the first K-pop artist to get in trouble for wearing blackface; it is one of the many ongoing troubles in the industry.
- Rather than point fingers and call names, let’s look at it from that point of view, and work towards addressing these issues. Send the story in to K-pop news sites. Open discussion about it. Tweet at him that you’re disappointed in him (be polite please). If we approach the issue in a mature way and possibly get the story to move from K-pop news sites to general Korean news sites, he may apologize. I know there is a language and culture barrier that may prevent an apology, not to mention the large volume of Twitter mentions he receives daily, especially as a Verified account. But the more word of disapproval he receives, the more likely he is to notice that he has done something wrong and apologize. Even if it wasn’t his intention to offend, we all know he is a good-hearted person and he will regret his actions regardless. But only if he can truly be informed that he has done wrong.
- Lastly, I am not making excuses for him. I actually feel really terrible that my bias has offended people. I accept that what he did was not right, and I knew the minute I saw the picture that people were going to be less than amused by his actions, and probably say some really nasty things about him. Although I cannot apologize on his behalf, I do not condone or support the choice he made today, and I do hope he can recognize one way or another the problem that he has caused. I will continue to support him as my ultimate bias, with only 6 days left until he enters military service. That is all I can do.
I do not appreciate your inappropriate decision, Kim Jongwoon.
I'm Kris from Brooklyn and that tall doofy dude in EXO stole my name. I've been here 21 years and don't have nearly enough to show for it. I enjoy Kim Jongwoon and rep Cloud Gang errday. Bust it wide open for me.